Job Title: Software Engineer
We are looking for energetic and passionate java/swing programmers to contribute as a member of the team that is developing the next generation controls on sonar workstations for the US Navy’s Acoustic Rapid COTS Insertion (ARCI) program. Candidates should have solid understanding of standard software development processes including high-level design, detailed design, code and programming, unit test, and hand-off to integration and test activities.
Plans, performs, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies and adheres to standards, processes, and procedures throughout the development life cycle. Creates and edits software programs utilizing knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed, information processing techniques, and information gathered from system users. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
- Solid code programming using Java/Java Swing
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, Git distributed revision control and source code management (SCM) system, Java memory management, garbage collection, profiling, and debugging.
- Attention to detail, compliance with defined processes, and the ability to function as a part of a larger effort are crucial.
- Deadline driven and focused on contract deliverables, accepts demanding tasking while remaining flexible in order to work in an environment of changing priorities and direction.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
- Task driven and proactive self-starter who can work on their own with very little oversight.
Additional requirements include:
- 3 or more year’s current experience using Java Swing
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Secret clearance (Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance).