Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing medium-to-large sized technology related projects and cross-functional strategic initiatives of moderate-to-high complexity. You will be responsible for all stages of the project life cycle including: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring / controlling and closing project. Manage scope changes and keeping project on task and within budget.
Minimum Experience and Skills
• Six (6) years of previous experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, including three years managing SharePoint projects or software equivalent required.
• BA/BS in Information Science, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, related degree, or equivalent work experience. PMP preferred.
• Proven experience in complex IT project management based on Microsoft technologies
• Experience in enterprise working environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to manage complex IT projects.
o Software development with integration, IT infrastructure optimization, and virtualization.
• Ability to solve and handling business issues.
• Experience in working with customers, technical colleagues and/ or vendors.
• Experience in managing and delivering multiply projects in the same time.
• Experience in managing customer expectation.
• Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Project Management, Strategic Insight.
• Quick and continuous risk identification and burn down: network, build, and test challenges with Customers, engineering, and operational stakeholders.
• End-to-end ownership of defined, complex Customers and/or Work stream segments.
• Lead ad hoc virtual teams to resolve chronic or foreseen issues impeding solution implementation velocity.
• Document processes, collaborate on milestone definitions, and negotiate OLAs for solution implementation activities.
• Report on and effectively escalate open issues and proposed corrective action plans.
• Document requests for changes to scope on Change Requests and drive these through the Change Management process.
• Drive achievement of predictable behaviors within the team with respect to time, cost and quality monitoring.
• Aggregate Customer schedules for visibility to resource constraints.
• Stays current and involved in collecting conditions of the project relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol. In addition, performs the process of comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, evaluate possible alternatives and take appropriate corrective action (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
• Solid knowledge of software development lifecycles and how they pertain to requirements.
• Ability to work remotely, independently and manage priorities.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
• Expert Customer handling record, exuding confidence in the Service and delivery management
• Proficient in MS Project, Office suite, and working knowledge of SharePoint collaboration features
• Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including record of delivering formal presentations to high-ranking Customer representatives
• Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, project/task prioritization, and schedule development.
• Experience as a main customer POC, acting as a trusted consultant, responsible for day to day interaction and communications with the customer.
• Experience within the government DoD environment is desirable.
• Hands-on experience with SharePoint 2007 and 2010. At a minimum, you should have experience with Site Configuration including creation and editing of SharePoint pages, Library/List Configuration, Content type/column setup, and Workflow configuration, and permissions management
o Your level of understanding must be complete and deep enough to connect business requirements to SharePoint functionality in order to best advise clients on potential solutions
• Experience with 3rd Party Add On products like Nintex, K2 and AvePoint would be a plus.
• Skilled in process analysis and the creation of detailed documentation