Operations Analysis Function: This job function exists to support the transition of applications development projects into installed business solutions. This may include setting up the environment for testing and production, to arranging for the infrastructure needs to implement a major new initiative.
Senior Operations Analyst: Experienced operations and infrastructure analyst, leveraging a broad understanding of the technical architecture to support the efficient and effective implementation of applications development initiatives into installed business solutions.
Technical Skill set needed. Please list in order of priority & whether skill is required or a plus:
1. Designs and implements deployment, rollout, and migration strategies for application development projects, including defining the support process and the turnover to operations team and help desk.
2. Coordinates the infrastructure aspects of an applications development project, serving as liaison to appropriate infrastructure colleagues.
3. Troubleshoots problems with installed systems, identifying and ensuring the resolution of any infrastructure issues.
4. Ensures that infrastructure colleagues are aware of the timeframe and resource needs to support the implementation of a new or changed system/application.
5. Participates in project estimation, providing insights into the time and resource needs for the infrastructure elements of an applications development project.
6. Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior Operations Analysts. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Recommends the acquisition of a technology to support the effective implementation of an applications development project.
1. Demonstrates a broad understanding of the MST technology infrastructure, including network, server, and desktop technologies, to the point that they know what is possible and what is not possible, and who to engage to address an infrastructure need.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of application development methods, including MST’s software development methodology.
3. Understands and applies knowledge of architectural systems.
4. Demonstrates proficiency with multiple technology environments, with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts quickly.
5. Demonstrates strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages/tools for the application area(s) supported.
6. Possesses an understanding of the Macy’s infrastructure organization and where to escalate problems, and drives resolution.
7. Possesses a general understanding of the customer area’s systems and business processes, and the ability to prioritize the criticality of an operational incident and its impact on the business.
8. Understands the business impact of different solutions, and can assess the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements and costs.
9. Works with the development and infrastructure team to implement components of projects with significant software and infrastructure needs.
10. Develops plans that anticipate and proactively address roadblocks and obstacles.
11. Conducts complete diagnostics of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture. Can analyze cross-technology and cross platform issues.
12. Contributes to the development of project plans, identifies key milestones, and raises critical project issues such as resource needs and contingencies as it relates to the infrastructure needs of a project.
13. May be accountable to coordinate the execution of the infrastructure phase of an applications development project.
14. Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work as an Operations Analyst within project teams ensuring environment setup and deployments are built.
·Extensive experience in configuration management
·Extensive software configuration and release management experience
·Complex project experience
·CMMI and quality management experience
·Experience in Site Development, Design and Operations
·Experience with software and handheld device application projects
·Software component design and development using C++, C#, JAVA, Windows CE, compact frameworks, Win 2012 a plus
·Database admin and implementation
·Experience with Database - SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
·Multiple platforms (.NEt, J2EE, Microsoft, AS400, IBM mainframe and Linux) a plus
·Source control systems - Subversion